Monday, March 9, 2009

Growing up!

Some days I can't believe how much the girls are growing up. Shelby is starting to walk up the stairs and sometimes down. She helps clear the table and do toy clean up. Unbelievable! Today is day 2 of switching to one nap. I really missed the morning nap this morning becuase she was sleeping the whole time Ellie was at school. Now I put her down around noon. She had her 15 month appointment today (ok, so she is almost 17 months. Better late then never). SHe weighs 23 lbs. and is 32.5" tall. So, of course, Ellie wanted to do measurements too. Ellie is 31.5 lbs. and 39 or so inches. I was doing the measuring. Shelby grew 3.5 inches in 4-1/2 months and I think Ellie has grown about 6 inches since we moved in August! Crazy! Ellie seems to be more independant every day. Although, along with that we have talking back, yelling, using the word "no" way too much, and wanting to do everything on her own. She helps alot with her sister and is protective of her too. She sings to her when she is upset and it calms her down most of the time.
We are setteling in nicely here, but we miss our friends in Tecumseh and will be visiting soon!

No comments: